Saturday, January 9, 2010

music from heaven

I (Amanda) got Josh for christmas Mark Schultz's new CD and with our busy schedules lately we haven't had a chance to listen to it. While I was at work on thursday Josh thought it would be a good time to pop it into the cd player and listen while he was doing dishes. That night as Josh was tucking me into bed for work the next day he asked if I wanted to hear a "song that was going to make me cry." For anyone that knows me could tell you that I have no patience and couldn't stand waiting till the next day so Josh brought the CD upstairs and we starting listening to "What it means to be loved"....For five months eight days/ my wife and i had waited/ getting ready for our baby girl/ but when he called the doctor said "I need to see you"/ and "could you come in soon"/ something died inside of me to sit with him and hear/ a test had said our baby might not live to be a year/ and turning to wife he said/ what do you want to do?/ CHORUS I WANNA GIVE HER THE WORLD/ I WANNA HOLD HER HAND/ I WANNA BE HER MOM AS LONG AS I CAN/ I WANNA LIVE EVERY MOMENT, UNTIL THAT DAY COMES/ I WANNA SHOW HER WHAT IT MEANS TO BE LOVED so we spent each day/ watching every minute/ and praying for our baby girl/ i will not forget the way i felt that moment/ when she came into this world/ but they took her from the room as soon as she came into this world/ and watching through the window i could see her holding on/ when a voice inside me said/ CHORUS / well ever since that day/ we got to bring her home/ she's been out to prove the doctor's wrong/ you should see her now/ she's as pretty as her mom/ and there's a boy outside waiting to take her to the high school prom AND HE WANTS TO GIVE HER THE WORLD/ WANTS TO HOLD HER HAND/ AND SOME DAY SHE MIGHT GET A WEDDING BAND/ BUT SHE'S GONNA LIVE EVERY MOMENT/ UNTIL THAT DAY COMES/ AND WE'RE GONNA SHOW HER WHAT IT MEANS TO BE LOVED/ SHOW HER WHAT IT MEANS TO BE LOVED/ WHAT IT MEANS TO BE LOVED......the tears immediately starting streaming down my face and Josh and i held eachother and listened to these amazing words written my mark shultz as a gift from God. How could you say that God doesnt speak to us? These little tokens of God's love are getting Josh and I through this difficult time. He is listening.
Click here to hear the song, I think you will like it.

5 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good!! Thank you for sharing with us, how God is carrying you through this time. We Love you and are praying for you and baby Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect song for what you're going through. -kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am bawling. God DOES speak... sometimes so loud and clear!!! He wants to make sure that you don't miss it. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit that I cried threw this song. We love you guys and will continue to pray for you and Clair everyday.

    ReplyDelete