Thursday, March 25, 2010

Another Bump in the Road

It is not little Claire that is the problem now it is the incubator. My blood pressure was up at my last Ob appointment and they wanted me to do a 24 hour urine which just so happened to land while I had to work two days in a row. Luckily I work with wonderful people who are very understanding of pee being in a jug in a cooler in the bathroom. After the 24 urine, they diagnosed me with mild preeclampsia. I went to the doctor again on Tuesday and my bp was still high and was told no more work (which I was afraid might happen) and try to rest as much as possible and to monitor my bp at home and come back Friday for another Non stress test for the baby to make sure she is still moving around well. The doctor said that if the baby did not already have an other issues they would have probably delivered me this week, but as you all know that is not the case so they are doing their best to give her a couple more weeks to let her lungs mature. We are praying that my bp will stay down enough that she can get a couple more weeks of growth…..and the saga continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment